More
    HomecrimeDamien Joseph Sentenced to Six Years for High Street Shooting

    Damien Joseph Sentenced to Six Years for High Street Shooting

    Published on

    spot_img

    A High Court judge has sentenced Damien Joseph to six years in prison for opening fire on a man driving along High Street in 2022.

    Justice Ann Marie Smith found Joseph guilty of shooting with intent to cause grievous bodily harm in connection with the May 30 incident. Joseph was unrepresented when his judge-only trial began last year.

    The court heard that Kelvin Constant was driving his pickup truck along High Street around 7:30 p.m. when he saw Joseph and his cousin walking toward him. As they approached the vehicle, Joseph raised a firearm and fired at the lower section of the windscreen. The shot shattered a speaker tweeter inside the truck and narrowly missed Constant. The bullet was later recovered from the vehicle’s cabin.

    Latest articles

    LISTEN: PM Browne says EU should expand access, not threaten visa-free travel for OECS

    ST. JOHN’S, Antigua — Prime Minister Gaston Browne says the European Union should focus...

    Chinese Embassy Thanks Antiguans for Assisting During Vehicle Emergency

    The Chinese Embassy in Antigua and Barbuda on Saturday publicly thanked residents for coming...

    WATCH: 182 residents express interest in 55 Shell Beach lots for short-term rental development

    NAMCO official says 182 investors express interest in 55 Shell Beach lots for short-term...

    PHOTO: Asphalt Paving Continues in Collins as Ministry of Works Advances Road Upgrades

    The Ministry of Works is completing another stretch of asphalt surfacing in Collins as...

    More like this

    LISTEN: PM Browne says EU should expand access, not threaten visa-free travel for OECS

    ST. JOHN’S, Antigua — Prime Minister Gaston Browne says the European Union should focus...

    Chinese Embassy Thanks Antiguans for Assisting During Vehicle Emergency

    The Chinese Embassy in Antigua and Barbuda on Saturday publicly thanked residents for coming...

    WATCH: 182 residents express interest in 55 Shell Beach lots for short-term rental development

    NAMCO official says 182 investors express interest in 55 Shell Beach lots for short-term...